To make your dwelling more comfortable:
- Check your temperature – you can get a cheap thermometer at almost any store or purchase one at our office. If your temperature says it is below 70 degrees in your apartment, give us a call and we will send maintenance out to investigate.
- Check all your windows and make sure they are closed and latched properly. If you have storm windows, make sure they are closed also. Keep your door closed except when entering or leaving your dwelling.
- Remove any air-conditioning units that are not permanently installed. Permanently installed A/C units are installed in the wall, not in a window. Units installed in a window are not insulated adequately for winter weather. Please keep in mind that Kaufmann Property A/C policy states that any rent adjustment for A/C will remain in effect until the unit is removed in the fall.
- Wear layers of clothing such as long pants and a tee shirt under another long sleeve shirt and perhaps a sweater if needed. In the winter in Indiana you cannot expect to feel warm if you are not wearing enough clothing.
- Make sure all registers, cold air returns or radiators re clear of obstructions.