It is our goal to maintain a quality living environment for our residents. To achieve this
goal we require your cooperation and assistance. According to the EPA, the key to mold
control is moisture control. If you have large quantities of mold growing in your home
you should notify us immediately. Take note of any moisture problems you may have
and notify our worker when he comes to examine the problem. Here are some things to
- Let us know if there are any leaks in the roof or plumbing.
- Improperly installed air conditioners can allow moisture into the home or walls.
- Use your bath fan when showering or crack a window for a few minutes after you
- Natural gas releases moisture into the air when it burns. DO NOT USE YOUR
STOVE OR OVEN AS A SOURCE OF HEAT FOR YOUR APARTMENT.
- Condensation caused when warm air meets cold can be a mold-causing source of
- Make sure leaks and spills are cleaned up quickly and thoroughly.
- If you find small amounts of mold growing in your home you should clean the
area and surrounding areas with bleach or Lysol or a mildew removing cleaner. If
it comes back be sure to notify us and do not clean until we have had a chance to
Learn what you can do to help prevent mold.
How to Prevent Mold